What are dental Implants?
A dental implant is a “root” device, usually made of titanium, used in dentistry to support restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth.”
The implant acts as a post that fuses to your own bone and then attaches to an artificial tooth or teeth. Dental implants have been used successfully for many years. Dental implants involve two phases:
- Surgical placement of the implant
- Placement of the post and crown on the implant.
What are dental implants used for?
There are three basic uses for Dental Implants:
- As an artificial root for a single tooth replacement.
- As anchors for a fixed or removable prosthesis to replace multiple teeth.
- As anchors for a full bridge or full denture to replace all of your teeth instead of a regular removable denture
What are the benefits of dental implants?
With the exception of your natural teeth, nothing looks more natural than an implant. Dental implants are so natural looking and feeling, you may forget you ever lost a tooth. Dental Implants are:
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth
- Dental implants prevent bone and gum tissue loss that can happen with regular bridges
- Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement system available today
- Dental implants preserve the jawbone, which can prevent premature aging and that “sunken-in” look
- Dental implants don’t require cutting down good teeth so a bridge, crown or cap can be placed on them
- Dental implants never develop decay
- Dental implants never require root canals
- Successful dental implants provide as strong a bite as a natural healthy tooth
- More than nine out of ten implants last longer than 15 years
- Implants will allow you to eat the food you desire without having to worry about wobbles or clicks and using glues or adhesives
- There is no age limit to those who can receive dental implants, in fact we have successfully placed dental implants in patients ranging in age from 18 yrs – 90 yrs!
- Research has shown similar success rates regardless of age
Am I a Candidate for implants?
Most people with a missing tooth or teeth can have dental implants. There is no age limit to those who can receive dental implants. Research has shown similar success regardless of age. Our Doctors specializes in rebuilding lost tissue and has training to deal with patients with a variety of medical conditions so even if you think you can not receive a dental implant, please contact the office for a free screening and implant evaluation. In No Tears Dental Center, we uses the most up to date implants which result in a decreased healing time. In many cases you can receive your replacement crowns in just a few weeks, or in some cases on the same day the implants are placed.
Somerset Family Dental Care Professional
Franklin Township Somerset Dental Implants
Searching for high quality dental care? We know there are many choices when it comes to choosing the best dentist in Somerset New Jersey for you and your family. No Tears Dental Professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality dentistry, utilizing the latest technology and oral health care techniques. We offer gentle general dentistry, advanced restorative, preventative and aesthetic dentistry in a contemporary, soothing environment. We pride ourselves in providing the best dental experience possible for our patients.
Are you missing one or more teeth and looking for a natural, comfortable, permanent means of restoring your smile? If so, consider dental implants. We specialize in Implant Dentistry for residents of Florida and New Jersey. The No Tears Dental team is highly skilled in dental restorations and reconstructive dentistry. Learn more about Implants here.
Interested in a fairly new cosmetic dental service called veneers? Veneers are very thin custom layers of porcelain that are sealed to the front teeth for the purpose of improving their shape and color. Results and improvement are often very dramatic, all from this very conservative treatment. The best part is barely any of the natural tooth enamel needs to be removed, sometimes none is removed at all. Learn more about Veneers here. Welcome to No Tears Dental Center in Franklin township Somerset New Jersey or Miami and Plantation Florida