What are dental Implants?
A dental implant is a “root” device, usually made of titanium, used in dentistry to support restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth.”
The implant acts as a post that fuses to your own bone and then attaches to an artificial tooth or teeth. Dental implants have been used successfully for many years. Dental implants involve two phases:
- Surgical placement of the implant
- Placement of the post and crown on the implant.
What are dental implants used for?
There are three basic uses for Dental Implants:
- As an artificial root for a single tooth replacement.
- As anchors for a fixed or removable prosthesis to replace multiple teeth.
- As anchors for a full bridge or full denture to replace all of your teeth instead of a regular removable denture
What are the benefits of dental implants?
With the exception of your natural teeth, nothing looks more natural than an implant. Dental implants are so natural looking and feeling, you may forget you ever lost a tooth. Dental Implants are:
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth
- Dental implants prevent bone and gum tissue loss that can happen with regular bridges
- Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement system available today
- Dental implants preserve the jawbone, which can prevent premature aging and that “sunken-in” look
- Dental implants don’t require cutting down good teeth so a bridge, crown or cap can be placed on them
- Dental implants never develop decay
- Dental implants never require root canals
- Successful dental implants provide as strong a bite as a natural healthy tooth
- More than nine out of ten implants last longer than 15 years
- Implants will allow you to eat the food you desire without having to worry about wobbles or clicks and using glues or adhesives
- There is no age limit to those who can receive dental implants, in fact we have successfully placed dental implants in patients ranging in age from 18 yrs – 90 yrs!
- Research has shown similar success rates regardless of age
Am I a Candidate for implants?
Most people with a missing tooth or teeth can have dental implants. There is no age limit to those who can receive dental implants. Research has shown similar success regardless of age. Our Doctors specializes in rebuilding lost tissue and has training to deal with patients with a variety of medical conditions so even if you think you can not receive a dental implant, please contact the office for a free screening and implant evaluation. In No Tears Dental Center, we uses the most up to date implants which result in a decreased healing time. In many cases you can receive your replacement crowns in just a few weeks, or in some cases on the same day the implants are placed.